Thursday, December 11, 2008

TREE LIFE!


TREE LIFE!
This series of wood burnings reflects the amazing beauty of our trees. However allot of pieces in this series show the painful and harsh conditions that humans have put nature and trees through becouse of climate change and deforestation.
Most of the art in this series is meant to look beautiful, and at the same time bleak and stark.
I love this series. I find it powerful and moving.
I am still working on this series and I hope to show you more.
Like a lot of the factory life and cottage life series,this series has been made from found wood when ever i can get my hands on it. To me nothing beats older aged plywood or beat up old shelving or crates to reclaim for ART.
much like allot of my work they have names. too many to be listed. but the pr below are called remember the old forest and the one below that is called After the forest fire! I hope you like them.

No comments: