Sunday, January 9, 2011

Antique market


Today I am going to take a day off and go to the antique market across from St Laurence market.
I love this place. I love looking at all the random cool old stuff, it's also a great place for an artist to get ideas. This is were I find cool tools for my art, not to mention the 1930s machine age and art deco lamps I seem to collect. If you get a chance I recommend checking it out!
The antique market is open every Sunday 5am to 5pm. I have to wounder, who is at the market at 5am?

OK so i went to the market and found all this. A 1930s toaster a few spatulas a key and some forks. Once i modify them i will use them for my pyrography. Every time i find more tools it increases the vocabulary of my work. sometimes i cut my own tools, but i love it when i find cool shapes and patterns from other time periods. Now I'm going to work on the 3' by 4 foot piece you see below. Have a good week :)

No comments: